Best Neighborhoods in St Johns County Florida
Welcome to our community tour of the picturesque Aberdeen, a master-planned community nestled in the scenic landscapes of northwest St. Johns County, Florida. As a resident of beautiful Northeast Florida and a local Realtor®, I am excited to take you on this virtual journey. Whether you are a homebuyer searching for your dream property or a homeowner looking to sell, this tour will provide you with valuable insights into the offerings of Aberdeen. Let’s dive in!
Northeast Florida Living
1. Aberdeen: Nature’s Beauty Meets Modern Living Aberdeen sits on a sprawling 1,316 acres of wetland conservation, surrounded by the captivating longleaf pines and an impressive 501 acres of on-site conservation land. The community boasts 68 acres of serene lakes, accentuating the natural beauty of northeast Florida’s landscapes. Despite the abundance of natural allure, Aberdeen’s location is strategically situated just south of Jacksonville, making it an ideal choice for those seeking a balance between peaceful living and convenient commuting.
2. Subdivisions with Unique Flair Aberdeen’s master plan comprises 12 distinct subdivisions, each exuding its own charm, featuring homes of various styles and sizes. Whether you prefer a cozy townhome or a spacious single-family dwelling, Aberdeen has it all. The community caters to diverse preferences, ensuring you find the perfect abode that resonates with your lifestyle.
3. Master Planned Community with CDD Fees It is essential to note that Aberdeen operates under a Master Planned Community with CDD (Community Development District) fees. If you are unfamiliar with CDD fees, I have provided a link in the description for a detailed explanation. Understanding these fees is crucial for prospective buyers in the area. Reach out if you have any questions; I’m here to help!
4. Affordable Fees and Homes for Every Budget Aberdeen’s CDD fees are determined by the lot size and typically range from approximately $1,500 to $2,500 per year. In addition, the community’s HOA (Homeowners Association) dues are remarkably affordable, amounting to just $50 per year. The community ensures that homeowners of all financial backgrounds can enjoy the perks of living in this enchanting neighborhood. Home prices span a broad spectrum, with townhomes starting in the upper $300s and single-family homes ranging from the mid $400s to around $850,000. A unique feature is that many homes offer picturesque views of preserved wooded areas or tranquil ponds.
5. Resort-Style Amenities Aberdeen goes above and beyond in providing resort-style amenities to its residents. With offerings such as a lap pool, a large recreational pool with a thrilling water slide, a fully-equipped fitness center, a playground, and a basketball court, there is no shortage of recreational opportunities. Additionally, the clubhouse serves as a hub for community events, including annual festivals and food truck Fridays. For those seeking social engagement, there are various interest-based groups to join, creating a strong sense of community and camaraderie.
6. Family-Friendly Recreational Facilities Families with sports enthusiasts will be delighted with Aberdeen Park, boasting multipurpose sports fields suitable for various activities. Moreover, Field of Dreams is a heartwarming park specially designed for kids with special needs, providing them with the opportunity to participate in team sports and enjoy the game of baseball. Additionally, the community’s proximity to other parks like Alpine Grove and Veterans Park adds to the family-friendly allure.
St Johns County Schools
7. Top-Rated Schools and Ideal for Empty Nesters Aberdeen is a haven for families seeking exceptional education opportunities. Freedom Crossing and Bartram Trail, the local schools, have received A rankings according to niche.com. However, this community is not limited to families. Empty nesters and retirees will also find solace in Aberdeen, with easy access to medical facilities and major shopping centers, all while being away from the hustle and bustle of tourist areas.
8. Abundance of Dining Options When it comes to dining, Aberdeen residents are spoilt for choice. The Long Leaf Pine Parkway offers delightful Mexican and Italian cuisine, while Julington Creek, located just north of the community, houses an array of restaurants to satiate various culinary cravings.
Conclusion: Aberdeen stands out as a desirable master planned community in St. Johns, Florida, catering to a diverse range of residents. Its breathtaking natural surroundings, a variety of home options, resort-style amenities, family-friendly facilities, and proximity to top-rated schools make it an ideal choice for those seeking a harmonious blend of nature and modern living. Whether you are relocating to St. Johns County or looking to sell your current property, Aberdeen is undoubtedly a place that has something to offer everyone. Feel free to reach out with any questions or explore the links in the description for further assistance. Thank you for joining me on this tour, and until next time, happy house hunting!